Interlibrary loan is a service that helps eligible patrons obtain materials unavailable in the Anthony Cardinal Bevilacqua Theological Research Center at the Ryan Memorial Library. Saint Charles Borromeo Seminary students, faculty, and staff are eligible to use interlibrary loan services.
Borrowing over ILL
Saint Charles Seminary students, faculty (full and adjunct), and staff are eligible for interlibrary loan service.
Requests will be made for books, photocopies of periodical articles. Audio-visual materials, computer software, dissertations or manuscripts are not available for request.
If an item has been identified as available at a local library, then the patron will be encouraged to get the material at the local library, rather than use interlibrary loan.
How To Make An ILL Request:
- Go on to WorldCat (located in the right-hand side of this screen under the "Search" box) and search for the item you wish to borrow. Make sure that we do not already possess the item!
- Once you find the correct book, click on the "ILL" button in the top left corner (third from the left). You can also click the "Borrow this item from another library" link under the Availability tab below the book's title.
- Fill in all of the fields marked by asterixes, as well as any additional fields you require such as Date Needed.
- Click Submit.
- Go on to any of our Databases and search for the article you wish to borrow. Make sure that we do not already possess the article!
- Once you find the correct article, click on the "Email" button on the right side of the screen.
- In the "Email to" field, write firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Subject should be "ILL Request."
- Finally, remember to write your name, patron status (student, staff, faculty), and phone number in the Comments box.
- Click Send.
All interlibrary loan requests must be picked up at the library. Interlibrary loan staff will notify patrons when their materials arrive. Material will be kept for two weeks at the front desk of the library after the first notification.
Charges and Renewals:
The Ryan Memorial Library will not charge library patrons for interlibrary loans. However, it is the responsibility of the patron to pay for any charges that the lending library may impose if an item is lost, damaged, or late.
If there is a need for a patron to renew materials, the interlibrary loan staff will attempt to make one renewal. The patron should request a renewal at least one week before the original due date. The lending library has the right to deny the request for renewal. If this occurs, the book must be returned by its original due date.
Lending over ILL
The Ryan Memorial Library will give first priority to requests from TCLC & SEPTLA libraries. Requests from libraries in other states will be honored if the books are available.
We do not fulfil requests for audio-visual materials, computer software, rare books, manuscripts or dissertations.