The Theological Seminary of Saint Charles Borromeo, Overbrook has been forming servant leaders in the Roman Catholic Church for more than 180 years. Located within the jurisdiction of the Archdiocese of Philadelphia, students from many dioceses and religious orders throughout the Unites States attend one of four Schools of Learning:
Men discerning a vocation to the priesthood attend the College Seminary (undergraduate) and/or the Theological Seminary (graduate) to participate in the program of priestly formation.
Religious and lay students seeking graduate degrees, catechetical certificates, or other programs of continuing education attend the School of Theological Studies.
Men discerning a vocation to the permanent diaconate attend the School of Diaconal Formation.
If you are thinking about a vocation to the priesthood, the following links offer helpful information:
- Read all the details in our Seminary Catalog.
- Examine the four Pillars of Formation that priestly formation.
- Visit the Registrar's Office online to learn about academic details.
- Discover features of "Life at the Brook," our past, present, and future.
- Discover our campus online (Take a Photo Tour) or in person (Visiting).
- To find out about applying for your particular diocese, see our Apply Page.