Types of Events
- Thursdays and Sundays only, during the academic school year, with attendance at Evening Prayer, if previously arranged.
- No more than two groups per day will be permitted. The Seminary requires one chaperone for every fifteen students and a Seminarian tour guide.
- The St. Charles Borromeo Seminary Master Calendar must be reviewed to determine that the tour would not be in conflict with an event already scheduled.
- Thursday tours may begin no earlier than 9:00 A.M. and must conclude by 2:00 P.M. Sunday tours may begin no earlier than 1:00 P.M. and must conclude by 5:00 P.M. This would permit attendance at Evening Prayer.
- The College Division Dean of Men will provide a Seminarian tour guide for all touring groups. Alumni are welcome to assist the Seminarian tour guide at anytime throughout their tour.
- Tours sponsored by the Vocations Office are permitted on other days of the week with the approval of the College Division Dean of Men.
- Tours include the Seminary Grounds, St. Martin’s Chapel, Main Dining Room, College Hallway Area, College Auditorium, Swimming Pool (not to be used), Gymnasium, Immaculate Conception Chapel, Stations of the Cross Area, Ryan Library, Vianney Hall Auditorium and Lounge.
- Tours do not include the Rector’s Reception Room, Classrooms, Seminarian Common Rooms in both the College and Theology Divisions, Residence Community Room, Faculty Living Quarters, Faculty Meeting Room, Theology Parlor, Dormitories or Administrative Offices.
- Tours of the Eakins Room are by prior appointment with the approval of the Director of Library Services, who will arrange for the opening and closing of the room. The tour group is to be accompanied, in the Eakins Room, by the Director of Library Services or his/her designated representative.
B. Days of Recollection, Retreats, Adult Groups
C. Meetings, Workshops, Seminars
D. Ordination Anniversary Masses, Class Reunions of Priest Alumni. Written requests for these events are to be reviewed and approved by the Rector.
NOTE: Groups are not permitted to attend dinner or community Mass.
A stipend will be requested for Seminarian tour guides, in addition to a voluntary donation to the Seminary.