All graduates of the Seminary – priests, religious and laity – are part of the alumni fabric of the Saint Charles Borromeo Community. Saint Charles is proud of the diversity of its alumni base.
Saint Charles has been granting academic degrees in higher education to men enrolled for priestly formation since 1927. Ordained men who received degrees from Saint Charles are part of the Seminary’s largest alumni group – the Priest Alumni Association.
The School of Theological Studies (formerly the Graduate School of Theology and the Religious Studies Division) was founded in 1969. It provides theological education and faith formation programs for laity, religious, ordained clergy, and permanent Diaconate candidates. The school conferred its first Master of Arts degrees in 1975 and has over 1,000 graduates. Alumni are welcome and encouraged to connect with the School of Theological Studies Alumni Association.
The Seminary has provided formation and training for permanent deacons of the Archdiocese of Philadelphia since 1981. In 2012, the responsibility of forming men for the Permanent Diaconate was formally transferred to the Seminary establishing the Seminary School of Diaconal Studies as the fourth School of Learning at Saint Charles. The new Seminary School of Diaconal Studies is now looking to establish an alumni body for its graduates, past and future.