Communications Workshop - June 2023
With funding from the Catholic Foundation of Greater Philadelphia, Saint Charles Borromeo Seminary is planning another formation workshop for parish staff working in the realm of communications. A second cohort of twelve (12) participants, one from each deanery, will be selected to participate in this FREE program.
This three-day workshop will engage local and national experts to equip participants with the principles and practices of social communications, for the sake of contributing to the pastoral mission of their parish in today’s digital world:
- June 12 … thriving in the “ecology” of parish communications today
- June 13 … promoting “encounter” and “engagement” through social media
- June 14 … doing “evangelization” by way of social communications
The workshop culminates with the design of a social communications project to be implemented in the participants’ parishes.
Ultimately, participants in the workshop series will be better positioned …
- to appreciate the need for social communications in parish life in the 21st century
- to understand the dynamic of a church communications ecology in parish life
- to develop skills related to information and communications technologies for parish life
- to be familiar with educational and commercial resources for social communications in parish life
- to form fellowship with staff from other parishes engaged in the work of social communications
Follow the links below for information from the 2022 Workshop: