School of Theological Studies
Education for the Laity
The School of Theological Studies was founded in 1969 with the intention of educating the Religious and Laity. Through the years, we have conferred over 1,050 graduate degrees and hundreds of Undergraduate certificates. In addition, each year, the School serves hundreds of students with catechetical programs to teach and promulgate the Catholic faith. The degree program we offer is The Master of Arts in Theology. We offer a one-of-a-kind Certificate in Pastoral Ministry to Black Catholics (MBC). We offer online Catechetical Institute courses for school teachers, catechists, and adults seeking to learn the Catholic faith.
Contact us to learn more, or explore our site using the navigation links.
The School of Theological Studies is pleased to announce the following course schedule for the Spring of 2019:
SUMMER REGISTRATION opening soon: 4/22/19
If you are new to our program or have questions, please contact our Coordinator:
Coordinator of The School of Theological Studies
100 East Wynnewood Road
Wynnewood, Pennsylvania 19096
- Graduation: Please CLICK HERE for information on the 2019 Baccalaureate Mass and Concurcus. If you are degree candidate for this year, please contact Suzanne Mulrain at 610-785-6595. Please complete the Registration Form and submit to Sharon Presta at email@example.com
- Please be aware that we have a School Messenger alert system in place at St. Charles Seminary. (See below for additional information)
- In order to secure the safety of our faculty, students, and visitors, doors throughout the campus will be locked. This will be effective immediately. Your id badge will allow you to gain access. Please have your id badge on you at all times. If you are in need of a St. Charles Student ID Badge, please contact Sharon Presta at 610-785-6287 or firstname.lastname@example.org immediately to obtain one.
Weather & Emergency Information -
In the event of an official class cancellation or campus closing due to weather, power outage, or other emergency, notice can be obtained from the communications listed below. If there is a one-hour or two-hour delay during the day, the evening classes will remain on the same 6:30 - 9:30 P.M. schedule unless otherwise informed.
St Charles Borromeo Seminary - School of Theological Studies:
1. School Messenger System will send out the notification –
Please make sure you have opted into this system. (SEE BELOW)
2. Phone Message: Call -- 610-667-3394, menu #7
This system will not take messages; it will only make an announcement.
School Messenger System:
On Wednesday, 2/20/19, the Seminary was closed due to the weather forecast. Many of you received a message that morning via text message and phone call notifying you of our snow day from the School Messenger system.
If you did not receive a phone call, please contact our office with the correct phone number where you would like to receive that call. Please email email@example.com.
- Some of you have a home phone number listed that may have notified your home/office instead of you. If so, please let us know that as well and we will change the number to a cell phone number.
If you did not receive a text message you need to send a text to: 675-87 with the letter Y in the message. That will “opt-in” your cell number to receive future text messages.
- It is recommended that you opt in to text messages as we will be using this system as our main means of communication in the event of emergencies, changes, or closings.
Is this your first time here? Important Links to Get You Started: