School of Theological Studies
Education for the Laity
- Effective Monday, March 16, 2020 and due to healthcare precautions, the School of Theological Studies’ students will move to all online classes. The current students have been advised by email to sign up to an online portal. Students are requested not to report to the campus during this time.
- The Open House events for The Institute for Christian Formation for March and April have been cancelled due to the closure of the school as a healthcare precaution.
- The Catholic Intellectual Lecture Series’ events for March and April have been cancelled due to the closure of the school as a healthcare precaution.
- Updates to this message will be posted when they are available.
- Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a response
The School of Theological Studies was founded in 1969 with the intention of educating the Religious and Laity. Through the years, we have conferred over 1,050 graduate degrees and hundreds of Undergraduate certificates. In addition, each year, the School serves hundreds of students with catechetical programs to teach and promulgate the Catholic faith. The degree program we offer is the Master of Arts in Theology. We offer online Catechetical Institute courses for school teachers, catechists, and adults seeking to learn the Catholic faith.
Contact us to learn more, or explore our site using the navigation links.
Spring 2020 Registration is now closed and classes are in session for the semester.
The School of Theological Studies is pleased to offer the following courses for the Spring Semester:
Important SPRING Dates for STS
Classes Start: Monday, January 13, 2020
Drop/Add Date: Thursday, January 30, 2020
MA Written: February 8, 2020 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
MA Oral: February 12, 2020 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Finals: May 4, 2020 - May 6, 2020
Classes End: May 6, 2020
Graduation: May 13, 2020 10:00 AM
If you are new to our program or have questions, please contact the office for additional information:
IMPORTANT - Campus, Weather, & Emergency INFORMATION:
- Please be aware that we have a School Messenger alert system in place at St. Charles Seminary. (See below for additional information)
- In order to secure the safety of our faculty, students, and visitors, doors throughout the campus will be locked. This will be effective immediately. Your id badge will allow you to gain access. Please have your id badge on you at all times. If you are in need of a St. Charles Student ID Badge, please contact Sharon Presta at 610-785-6287 or email@example.com immediately to obtain one.
In the event of an official class cancellation or campus closing due to weather, power outage, or other emergency, notice can be obtained from the communications listed below. If there is a one-hour or two-hour delay during the day, the evening classes will remain on the same 6:30 - 9:30 P.M. schedule unless otherwise informed.
St Charles Borromeo Seminary Procedures in the event of closing - School of Theological Studies:
1. School Messenger System will send out the notification – Please make sure you have opted into this system. If you have not received a test message in the past, you will need to send a text to : 675-87 with the letter Y in the message. That will "opt-in" your cell number to receive future text messages. It is recommended that you opt in to text messages as we will be using this system as our main means of communication in the event of emergencies, changes, or closings.
2. Phone Message: Call -- 610-667-3394, menu #7. This system will not take messages; it will only make an announcement.
Is this your first time here? Important Links to Get You Started: